Fixed Fee Divorce Solicitors based in Plymouth
How much will a Fixed Fee Divorce cost?
If a decision is made that your marriage/civil partnership has irretrievably broken down then we will arrange an initial appointment to advise on the best way forward in divorce proceedings. We will correspond with your husband/wife/civil partner's solicitors to agree the basis for an undefended divorce and then provided we are instructed to issue proceedings we will prepare all necessary court documentation up to Decree Absolute.
We will also fully advise you in relation to progressing financial claims within divorce proceedings however financial claims or proceedings involving children will not be covered under our fixed fee divorce rate.
- Petitioner divorce - £500 plus VAT and court fees.
- Respondent divorce - £250 plus VAT.
- Separation Agreement – the fixed fee for a simple matter, where the parties are in full agreement, would be £500 plus VAT and up to £1,000.00 plus VAT for a more complex matter. We would discuss with you the suitability of fixed fee.
- Co-Habitation/living together Agreement where the parties are in full agreement - £500 plus VAT.
- Pre-nuptial Agreement where the parties are in full agreement - £500 plus VAT.
- Financial dismissal order provided the parties are in full agreement - £500 plus VAT
- Change of Name Deed - £100 plus VAT
- Fixed fee for children matters:
- Parental Responsibility Agreement provided the parties are in full agreement - £285 plus VAT.
If you instruct us upon a fixed fee basis we would ask that you pay in advance one half of the fee and that you pay the other half within 28 days.
Hourly Rate: Alternatively if you would prefer to pay us on an hourly rate basis this can be discussed at your first appointment. We can provide you with an estimate of the costs likely to conclude the case although as you will appreciate, this will be an estimate only and we will keep you advised of the costs as the matter progresses. If you choose hourly rates you will be sent a bill for the work undertaken each month.
Child Welfare & Child Support
We realise that emotions can run high following separation and achieving an agreement that will work effectively for both parents, and more importantly their children, can be difficult. We understand that a sensitive and constructive approach is required in relation to these matters.
Financial & Property Matters
The breakdown of a marriage can be emotionally draining, even more so when attempting to reach a fair financial settlement over the division of family assets. In order to ensure you receive the settlement to which you are entitled it is crucial you seek expert legal advice.